Job Requisition:Program Logistics Manager
Leidos is hiring a Program Logistics Manager in support of the Security and Engineering Programs group, a government services program in Alexandria VA. The Logistics Manager will work directly with multiple Project Managers and Government Liaisons throughout the lifecycle of multiple contracts. He or she will provide program logistical support to the planning of ongoing and upcoming projects and the material, personnel, facilities, and services required for those projects. The Logistics Manager provides program logistical support through operational, financial, acquisition, storage, movement, distribution, and disposition of material, equipment, personnel, services, and facilities. He or she will be responsible for creating, implementing, and enhancing policies, procedures and standards for the logistical department. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. The Logistics Manager will also manage a small logistics team, duties include assigning work, monitoring performance, and providing evaluations. The job will require overtime hours, weekend work and occasional travel.
• Plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
• Supervise, coach and train the logistics team
• Accountable for Logistics budgets and facilitates in the budgetary planning across multiple departments
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
• Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
• Provide the necessary liaison and negotiation with suppliers/vendors, manufacturers, retailers and government customers
• Create and maintain records for procurement, repair, service, and inventory
• Management of multiple warehouses including operations, planning, security, storage and accountability of equipment
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5+ years of prior relevant experience
• Must have 2+ years supervising or leading a project
• Must have a Secret clearance with the ability to acquire a Top Secret
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
• Exercise initiative and independent judgement in resolving problems encountered during the completion of assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
• Travel as required to support program
• Carry (and respond to) a cell phone at all times
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.