Job Requisition:Windows AWS/Cloud Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Windows AWS/Cloud Engineer to work on a cloud development and deployment team. The team is involved in the deployment and maintenance of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with Jenkins/Gitlab/Chef or other automation solutions and will have a firm grasp of the AWS CLI and Python and Powershell. Our program operates on a modified agile implementation to deliver capabilities to other mission teams.
This position can be located in Gaithersburg, MD; Alexandria, VA; or Chantilly, VA.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve the development and automation scripts to deploy elements of the software baseline ranging from large COTS to small custom services and the stand up and configuration and upkeep of AMIs to support deployments. As part of an agile team, the candidate will participate in sprint and release level team activities, and technical exchange meetings in support of program objectives. Additional work may be required to support development team activities during automation integration activities, this may involve interaction with government and other contractors to build a successful working product and the collaborative troubleshooting of issues.
- Requires BS degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience: OR an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Understanding of Powershell
- Understanding of code baseline management
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Must currently possess an active Secret clearance, with ability to obtain TS/SCI with Polygraph POST hire
- Experience with ArcGIS/ESRI automation and deployments
- AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Certification(s)
- Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Native cloud templating services like AWS Cloud Formation –
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering4000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.