Job Requisition:Windows AWS/Cloud Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Windows AWS/Cloud Engineer to work on a cloud development and deployment team. The team is involved in the deployment and maintenance of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with Jenkins/Gitlab/Chef or other automation solutions and will have a firm grasp of the AWS CLI and Python and Powershell. Our program operates on a modified agile implementation to deliver capabilities to other mission teams.
This position can be located in Gaithersburg, MD; Alexandria, VA; or Chantilly, VA.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve the development and automation scripts to deploy elements of the software baseline ranging from large COTS to small custom services and the stand up and configuration and upkeep of AMIs to support deployments. As part of an agile team, the candidate will participate in sprint and release level team activities, and technical exchange meetings in support of program objectives. Additional work may be required to support development team activities during automation integration activities, this may involve interaction with government and other contractors to build a successful working product and the collaborative troubleshooting of issues.
- Requires BS degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience: OR an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Understanding of Powershell
- Understanding of code baseline management
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Must currently possess an active Secret clearance, with ability to obtain TS/SCI with Polygraph POST hire
- Experience with ArcGIS/ESRI automation and deployments
- AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, Certification(s)
- Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Native cloud templating services like AWS Cloud Formation –
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph