Leidos is currently looking for a Field Support Technician. The selected candidate will participate in and support the fielding and exercise support of the JLCCTC training system. Candidate is required to support business travel 50% of their time (assume 2 weeks out, 2 weeks back), both domestically and internationally. The selected Candidate will provide onsite support during exercises and provide help desk support, when not on travel. This is a hands-on training and exercise support position that will need independent performance in many cases, a command of application operations, ability to install and troubleshoot network and interface problems, and grow into the ability to train and support user operation of the system. Work will be conducted at various sites throughout CONUS and OCONUS when not at the home station. The job will primarily involve deploying as a part of a team to install and configure various components of the JLCCTC federation as the recognized subject matter expert for select portions fo the training application. This is mostly software install and configuration, and includes a working knowledge of interfaces to a variety of command and control systems used in training and exercises.
- Travel to field sites to install software and configure items for exercises
- Provide user training on system usage for selected portions of the applications relevant to the exercise
- Provide help desk support and support home station integration and test as needed
- The candidate will be performing installation and/or operational training on one or more components of the JLCCTC training system. Components include: Scenario Generation, Parametric Data Management, WARSIM operator, BE Server, RUGUD, Global Mapper, Mission Command Adapter, Joint Deployment Logistics Model (JDLM) Operator, ExCis, After Action Review System (AARS), and JLCCTC Upper Enclave.
- Other duties will include lesson plans/Programs of Instruction (POI).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related or technical discipline, or at least 5 years field experience with training or simulations and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidates should have knowledge of training with constructive simulations and training in an integrated training environment.
- Successful candidates will have at least 3 years of experience with installations and system administration of Windows/Linux systems. IN addition to general system level software skills the candidate should possess the following:
- Experience with VMware, Splunk, CCNA and batch & shell scripting or equivalent skills
- Awareness of DOD Cyber security efforts such as IAVA management, Vulnerability Scanning and mitigation
- Ability to provide instruction in the use of Constructive Simulations from a technical or Role-player perspective.
- Must possess a SECRET clearance.
- Team-oriented personality and a drive to learn.
- Prior experience with the US Army Mission Command Training Program (MCTP), other Mission Command Training Complexes or JLCCTC fielding activities is a plus.
- Previous military experience specifically with US Army training or exercises.
- Comptia Security+ credentials.
- Prefer candidates with an active Top Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.