Job Requisition:Project Manager --Electric Utilities
Project Manager-Electric Utilities Office location: Hendersonville TN
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Project Manager for electric utility transmission, substation, and distribution power delivery infrastructure projects.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage various sized projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities
• Directs multiple projects with duties that include: developing efficient strategies that ensure all processes and projects are accomplished within scope, schedule, and budget constraints
• Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple engineering disciplines including: clients, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
• Lead various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule and budgets
• Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Economics is required with an additional 4-8 years’ of relevant Project Management experience or a Masters with 2-6 years of relevant Project Management experience
• Excellent project management skills, a PMP Certification is preferred
• Must demonstrate recent experience in electric power infrastructure projects
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Experience with business issues that are associated with power delivery services
• Periodic travel is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.