Job Requisition:Electro-Optical Engineer
Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening for an Electro-Optics Engineer to work in our Dayton / Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers, to lead and perform a variety of electro-optical development effort for various applied R&D contracts.
- Develops electro-optical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on electro-optical end-product/solutions.
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro-optical experiments, based on test objectives.
- Responsible for entire electro-optical projects or processes
- Communicates with internal and client project team members
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field and 4 plus years of prior relevant experience, Masters and 2 years or PhD with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance and maintain it.
- Experience with the following: operating electro-optical equipment such as sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, and characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data; writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with standard electronics test equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, signal/function/pulse generators, source meters, and other diagnostic equipment is required.
- Must have experience with analytical software such as MATLAB, Mathcad, or Mathematica.
- Experience with COMSOL or other physics based finite element software.
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with MATLAB and LabVIEW.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.