Job Requisition:Infrastructure Support Administrator
Are you interested in continuing your career in CJTF HOA/AFRICOM in a mission focused environment?
Leidos Defense Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Windows Systems Administrator (SA). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, CJTF HOA/AFRICOM located OCONUS in Djibouti, Africa . This position is required to travel OCONUS. You must hold an active DOD Secret clearance to qualify.
In this role you will:
- Perform a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Set up and maintains more than one type of computer system such as Open VMS Systems/DSM environments, UNIX systems (SCO and SUN), and Windows systems.
- Analyze system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing.
- Review and prepare documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigate and recommend methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interface with vendors for trouble calls.
- Support the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrate experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows 10 Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Performing Windows system administrator functions supporting a global Active Directory infrastructure in a mixed Windows environment.
- Providing journeyman level knowledge and Tier 0/1 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 0/1 infrastructure troubleshooting and support that involves the configuration and administration of servers in their area of operation.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
- Possess experience with maintaining and supporting network devices consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Demonstrate success by using knowledge of the systems and providing necessary administration and maintenance support
Required Education and Experience:
•Must hold and maintain an active Secret Clearance
•BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS +6 years or a major cert +8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
•Certifications: MCSA – Server 2012, VCA
•DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance (CompTIA Security +, Equivalent or greater)
Desired Education and Experience:
•ITIL v3 - Foundation
•Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
•Experience with Microsoft SCCM
•Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
•Experience working in VmWare ESXi environments
•Experience with network storage (SAN/NAS)
•Experience with enterprise backup solutions
•Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
•Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.