Job Requisition:Classification Analyst - TS/SCI and Poly
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Classification Analyst to work at our Herndon, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support the mission by analyzing and identifying classification nuances and also by providing guidance regarding classification guides to development teams.
The appropriate candidate must also be a skilled briefer/trainer to effectively communicate classification requirements to officers across the workforce. This position would be a great fit for anyone who is looking for an opportunity to grow and work on a long term contract in a culture and environment that is extremely supportive, collaborative, and creative. This position offers candidates an excellent work/life balance.
- The mission of the Classification Administrator is to provide support in various classification management activities to include but limited to analysis and drafting classification guidelines, and associated outreach and coordination activities.
- Familiarity and ability to apply policy requirements for classification, declassification and intelligence activities (EO 13526, 32 CFR Parts 2001 and 2003, EO 12333, classification-related ODNI ICDs and ICPGs, etc.).
- Ability to analyze and identify content that requires classification and control markings, to support the development of classification guides and the appropriate application markings by the workforce.
- Provide advice and recommendations to support long-range classification management objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare classification guides pertaining to national security information covering mission specific, topical and specialty classification subjects as required.
- Provide progress reports and updates on the status of the development/revision of classification guides as required.
- Identify gaps in classification guides and needed updates.
- Manage logistics and track compliance (using metrics) for classification-related trainings.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution plus at least 4 - 8 years relevant experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of twelve (12) or more years) may be substituted for a degree, with a high school diploma.
- Understanding the customer and a strong network are advantageous
- Highly goal-oriented, excellent at time management and able to work under pressure
- Very organized and ability to multi task
- Experience with data calls and expedited delivery requirements
- Familiar with the National Security Classification Guide
- Ability to communicate effectively with various management levels and experienced in delivering high quality services to all stake holders
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level work under limited supervision, a self-starter
- Demonstrated experience developing excellent relationships with clients and technical teams
- Strong critical thinking skills with excellent focus on/to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Confident to train a group of individuals and answer questions
- Excellent ability to multi-task and track ongoing tasks
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical skills must be solid (not beginning level)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be proactive
- Must be a team player/collaborative
- Must know how to prioritize competing tasks
- Willingness to ask questions for clarification
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.