Job Requisition:Capture Manager with minimum of active TS
The National Solutions Operations (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager with a minimum of an active Top Secret clearance to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$50M), responsible for securing existing and winning new major business opportunities in the intelligence community marketplace. This role requires a high business acumen, technical education or related experience, resourcefulness, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in federal intelligence market. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The successful candidate will follow corporate processes for business development and capture management. This will include working closely with the responsible customer marketing lead, supporting the transition from marketing lead’s opportunity identification into capture efforts, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successful contract bids and wins, contacting existing clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding. Additional responsibilities include: Developing (with technical and SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities; managing relationships with partners and corporate staff for proposed solution development; participating in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. Overseeing the proposal phase is also a primary responsibility. The Capture Manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written. The Capture Manager will also conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Experience in capturing large business development programs (>$50M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the Intelligence Community (winning single award >$50M pursuits as capture manager)
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with ability to attain SCI and successfully pass polygraph
- TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
- In-scope Top Secret SCI with polygraph