Join the Leidos Language Service team as an experienced, highly motivated language analyst!
We are currently hiring cleared Somali linguists in addition to a wide-range of other languages (and local/regional dialects) to include various African, Western European, Eastern European, Middle Eastern, and East Asian language families.
Primary Responsibilities include providing:
- High quality, highly technical translations to and from English and target language
- Verbatim and/or summary transcriptions of English and/or foreign language audio material
- Monitoring services
- Analysis of data translated from written and audio materials
- Reports regarding support findings and processes along with various administrative reports
- Quality reviews
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
- Currently hold a fully adjudicated TS clearance with the ability to obtain a poly and SCI
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- All candidates will be required to take and pass language testing along with initial customer review and approval
- Possess knowledge of culture, current world affairs, and data provided
- Be proficient in the use of a computer and word processing software
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.