Job Requisition:Risk Management and Program of Actions and Milestone (POAM) Coordinator
Leidos is hiring a Risk Management and Program of Actions and Milestone (POAM) Coordinator in our Abingdon, MD location. This position is responsible for using the subject matter expertise to influence the planning, organizing, and support for the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) risk management and POAM development processes under the Program Planning and Analysis directorate at ACWA Headquarters.
- Maintain open and clear communication with ACWA Risk Leadership and coordinate with identified Systems Contractor and Support Contract personnel as identified by the Risk and POAM leads
- Duties include coordinating identification, evaluation, categorization of program risks and developing and tracking risk mitigation actions.
- The successful candidate will identify complex challenges in the area of risk and develop creative targeted recommendations from solution to the customer.
- The successful candidate will also work closely with the government POAM lead to develop, review and track POAMs to ensure they are being effectively managed.
- The successful candidate must be able to identify the complex elements that affect risk impact and severity and structure meaningful mitigation actions to minimize program mission impact through use of the POAM.
- In this role the successful candidate will influence development of solutions that impact strategic program goals and business results. Recommends and implements new solutions, processes, policies, standards in support of ACWA’s strategy and operations.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate with ACWA HQ, Field offices and Program leadership at the request of ACWA Risk lead regarding matters of significant importance to the project. Has expert knowledge of industry tools, practices, advanced techniques and solutions within the Risk Management and POAM disciplines and capacity to develop new standards, processes, and solutions as requested by the customer.
- Make sure Leidos policies, and procedures are successfully executed including Time Charging, Work hour management, overtime, training, medical and security clearance processes.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 12 + years of prior relevant experience in Risk management and support hazard process facility (Chemical, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Biological, Waste management etc. Where elevated levels of Personnel protective equipment and monitoring are required for personnel safety in some or all of the processes.
- Requires a PMP (7 + years of project and personnel management experience can be substituted for a PMP)
- Experience in Risk Management in high hazard operating facilities
- Understanding of Chemical Demilitarization Neutralization risks and processes including munition handling, cleanout, agent neutralization, munition processing, and secondary waste including risks specific experienced in an operating facility, transportation for offsite processing and facility closure.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.