Job Requisition:Software Engineer (Mid Level / Website .NET Developer)
The Leidos Surface Transportation Portfolio is seeking a mid-level Software Engineer in the Reston, VA area to provide support for contracts with the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT), State Departments of Transportation (DOTs), and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
In this role you will:
· Support the system engineering life-cycle for software and hardware data collection components, including development, test, and implementation.
· Communicate with peers to explain basic analysis, development processes and practices
· Develop and maintain required program and user level documentation, to include flow charts and test documents
· Develop and maintain multiple government Websites
· Develop and maintain one or more databases to support task and product requirements (e.g., project assessment databases, Integrated Project System).
· Interact with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
· Work closely with the customer to draft System Requirements, Agile development processes and creating support documentation.
· Work with file conversion and data transfer solutions
· Develop and test solutions to software architecture problems
· Work on data archival and recovery activities
· Develop and maintain a web content management system
· Use system design tools such as Adobe, wireframes, and storyboards for mockups.
· Support a web application that enables users to easily query and analyze hundreds of thousands of asset management data. The application is built with a map interface, filtering, report generation, and management of data using mobile devices.
· Occasionally work onsite at USDOT in Washington, DC.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with an emphasis in Information Technology or Systems Engineering or related
· 2+ years related software development experience
· Proficient in Java and .NET.
· Knowledge and development experience with fast RESTful web services using NodeJS and Express, as well as GraphQL using Apollo.
· Skilled in designing and managing persistent storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MariaSQL, Redis, MongoDB, and MS Access.
· Extensive knowledge of Cloud computing including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
· Frontend website development tools such as HTML, React or Angular, Immutable, and Observables using RxJS with a Test Driven Development approach.
· Skilled in deploying applications to cloud services such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, allowing for scalable and manageable micro-services or monolithic applications to have high availability, security, and monitoring and analytic resources.
· Design and develop fully scalable applications.
· Professional writing and oral presentation skills.
· MS Office proficiency including MS Access.
· Enjoys challenges associated with learning new topics.
· Highly proactive, self-motivated, and has sharp self-time management.
· Detail-oriented, highly organized, and strong ability to multi-task.
· Ability to think analytically, and apply general concepts to other applicable topics.
· Ability to identify and implement creative solutions.
· Ability to flourish within a dynamic, fun team environment as well as work independently.
· Flexible and comfortable with changing direction and competing priorities.
· Seeks constant improvement through self-identifying opportunities and peer feedback.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.