Job Requisition:Lab Engineering Team Lead
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Lab Engineering Team Lead with a hardware engineering focus to join our Aviation Lab Engineering Group. This is an opportunity to join the leading provider of air traffic control systems guiding the world’s air traffic managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day. This role requires taking ownership of our engineering processes and tools, possessing a flexible, hands-on, take-charge attitude and understanding the engineering work in order to maintain optimum delivery of services to engineering teams building Air Traffic Systems.
The Lab Engineering Team Lead areas of responsibility include:
• Thrive in the team lead role by effectively managing a small team of technicians and engineers to complete tasks according to their priority and schedule.
• Create lab build documentation, manage the lab installations and provide schedule status.
• Interface with other organizations to coordinate work and projects.
• Develop and track schedules taking into account stakeholder dependencies.
• Effectively plan and monitor lab engineering work.
• Implement process improvements in tasking team, tracking work, and team performance.
• Within 30 days develop thorough understanding of lab architecture.
• Prepares engineering plans and installation technical design packages, such as floor plans, rack elevation, wire list and other technical drawings.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware problems. Ensure that problem solutions with operational hardware satisfy the user’s requirements.
• Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Building and maintaining IT labs including rack builds, cable construction, and firmware updates.
• Constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, testing, and maintaining hardware components, devices, and systems.
• Effectively troubleshoot system issues performing problem determination and solutions.
• Cat 5 & 6 cable termination. C++, A+, Net+, LINUX experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.