Job Requisition:Operations Manager
Leidos has an opening for an Operations Manager supporting a high profile program providing software engineering services, operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices associated with the system.
The selected candidate will directly support the Program Manager by providing programmatic oversight of geographically dispersed employees assigned to the program. Individual must be self-motivated, an excellent communicator, and able to manage a team of geographically dispersed technical individuals.
- Establish milestones and ensure adherence to master plans and schedules,
- Identify and manage risks and program problems and develop mitigations/solutions.
- Present formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
- Provide regular professional and effective communication with employees, customers, and Leidos Team members, and Program Manager.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals.
- Manage aspects of multiple operations tasks simultaneously.
- Monitor, adjust and report on operations performance and schedule.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the mission for a geographically dispersed team, including the planning and optimization of daily mission operations.
- As a subject matter expert, establish definitions, evaluate operational requirements, and provide technical inputs to meet approved customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Prior experience managing geographically dispersed team.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 +years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires 8+ years of technical management experience combined with systems administration or relevant IT experience (degree requirement may be substituted with years of relevant IT experience)
- Must have experience with troubleshooting hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, and Web Administration (IIS).
- Systems Administrator experience.
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
- Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq or similar surroundings a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.