Job Requisition:Research and Ops Specialist - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research and Ops Specialist to work at our McLean, VA location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise of industry research techniques and your understanding of the Intelligence Community. This position will focused on reducing the backlog of open cases for the program. Communication and the ability to work across organizations with other components is critical in reducing the overall backlog. The right candidate will perform a combination of Technician and Case Management tasks through their full lifecycle and must be able to work as an individual performer as well as in a team environment.
- Conduct searches and do research, based on customer requests – utilizing prior experience and knowledge to leverage search tools and criteria. Provide results in accordance with customer guidelines.
- Maintain the classified library and archive documents when appropriate.
- Electronically review a subset of newly processed documents, identify potential duplicate documents in the existing document repository. Review document duplicates and record decisions in the customer’s automated system. The customer will provide training in duplicate document detection processing.
- Create memoranda or written reports documenting the results of quality assurance studies and investigations and associated recommendations including remediation.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- (8) or more years of relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong collaboration and communication
- Willingness to ask questions for clarification
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid ability to navigate and learn new search tools and systems
- High level/experience of technical skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and keep tasks moving
- Be proactive
- Be able to continuously multitask in order to directly meet customer requirements
- Must Be a team player and collaborate with others (contractors, subs and customers)
- Must be able to prioritize competing tasks
- Previous experience supporting public information release programs or prior experience working with the Sponsor.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.