Job Requisition:Performance Tester
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a Senior Performance/Functional in Baltimore, MD to support the FDA SIRCE contract.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments – Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports. Within the SIRCE investment, the Shared Services Team is responsible for delivering data access services that support multiple other FDA operations.
Key Responsibilities as a functional tester:
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results and reporting them.
- 508 compliance test execution and documentation.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Support UAT activities.
- Support end of sprint demos, user acceptance testing, and solicit feedback from FDA on test artifacts and processes.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the performance tester position include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze the usage of existing business functions to establish real-world usage scenarios and capacities for performance testing
- Analyze non-functional requirements to create performance test scenarios
- Develop Performance Center scripts to execute these functions within program applications
- Gather metrics to benchmark applications performance for reference
- Develop execution plans to mimic production usage at a high capacity and gather performance metrics
- Maintain these scripts as existing functionality is enhanced or new functionality is added
- Run these scripts with each change to ensure no degradation in performance as we make changes to the system
- Work closely with Product Team Lead, Product Team Business Analysts, Product Team Software Developers, Product Team Database Team, and Management Team to ensure successful testing approach for all non-functional requirements
- Lead performance testing effort
- Collaborate with Architecture and Engineering team to ensure that testing approaches are implemented in accordance with the program's architectural direction
- Track/monitor risks and communicate them to the team in a timely fashion
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience or 6 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Four additional years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- At least 6 years of experience performing as a software tester
- At least 4 years of experience as a performance tester
- Experience with SQL server and experience with writing and executing backend tests using SQL
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
- Some experience with web services and API testing
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Health Resources and Services Administration badge
- Experience with HP Load Runner, VuGen, and/or jMeter
- Experience with section 508 testing
- Familiarity with Windows, LINUX, WebLogic, Oracle DB, PL/SQL, SoapUI
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- ISTQB certified tester
- Experience with HP ALM and JIRA
- Experience working in public health and federal contracting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance4000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.