Job Requisition:Senior Software Developer
The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Software Developer to work in Springfield, VA on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develops and applies advanced software/systems methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
- May plan, conduct and technically direct projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans method of approach and organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems.
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews projects progress and evaluate results.
- Recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis.
- Specifies materials, equipment and supplies required for completion and implementation of technical projects.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- May provide technical consultation to technical staff or other organizations.
- 9 years of experience and a MA/MS degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Working experience in research, algorithm development, application development or engineering
- Experience in Java, C++, or Python
- Experience in some of the following: C#, Ruby, ENVI IDL, Hadoop, GeoServer, PostGreSQL, PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, Accumulo, or MongoDB
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with radar processing
- Experience with the Scale GEOINT processing system
- Experience with Geospatial Analyst workflows
- Experience with Windows, Linux, or UNIX computer operating system configuration
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development4000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.