Job Requisition:DMT (Clerical/Receptionist) (Miami, FL)
This position is in support of the United States Attorney’s Office in Miami, FL 99 NE 4th Street. The estimated length of this assignment is expected to be through May 31, 2020, with the potential for SIX (6) one-year extensions.
Overtime and Travel may be authorized as needed.
- The contractor will be required to perform duties for the Economic & Environmental Crimes Section. One can be moved to other sections to provide support depending on the needs of the office upon time of hire.
- Greet service vendors, agencies and other visitors.
- Must have ability to operate switchboard and route incoming calls to staff members or take messages as appropriate, and place outgoing calls, relate to the public in a professional manner with clear and understandable language, greet service vendors or agencies, customers, and visitors.
- When necessary makes recurring and special messenger trips as necessary. Sorts and arranges material for filing and files material in alphabetical, numerical or chronological order.
- Light typing, faxing, copying, filing and bates stamping utilizing copier.
- Skilled in operating a computer terminal, personal computer, qualified typist (minimum of 40 words per minute) and prepares mass mailings, ensuring labels (addresses) are correct.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in maintaining effective working relationships with administrative and collegial staff, general public and service vendors or agencies.
- Produces a variety of written documents utilizing varied and advanced word processing software functions, working from handwritten draft, edited copy, or electronic files created by another staff member.
- Demonstrate experience working in a high volume workload setting with ability to complete tasks within specified time frame.
- Arranges for transportation services, when needed.
- Operates copying machine. Displays working familiarity with essential machine features to ensure the required number of copies are produced in the proper format. Collates and staples material as necessary.
- Prepares mass mailings, ensuring labels (addresses) are correct.
- Other related tasks.
The above mentioned tasks can be performed in conjunction with one another or as individual tasks in association with tasks for said position in relation to the overall contract.
*Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
*Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
*Capability to read, take and follow directions.
*Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
*Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
*Must have typing/keyboarding skills (minimum of 40 words per minute).
*Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
*Ability to operate office equipment such as printers, fax machines, copiers, etc…
*Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook), Word Perfect and Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar applications.
*Experience answering multi-line phone system.
*Pleasant telephone manner and pleasant manner in greeting visitors extremely important.
*Attention to detail.
*Some walking, standing, bending and ability to carry small office items.
*Ability to obtain a security clearance.
*Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
*Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
*Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
*High school diploma or GED certificate.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen.
*Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
Undergraduate degree preferred.
Litigation support experience valued.
*Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk4000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.