Job Requisition:VDI Systems Administrator
The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a VDI Systems Administrator to join the team in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be a member of the JSP VDI team, and shall provide technical ability in supporting the VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in Hampton Roads (Norfolk/Suffolk). The candidate will be supporting equipment and applications in a VMWare and Microsoft Windows operations environment. The candidate will supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based. Plan and monitor the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization, and perform systems capacity analysis and planning. Plan and monitor assistance to users in accessing and using business systems. Perform a wide variety of installation, configuration, testing and upgrading of server/host and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and remediation of issues affecting the operational aspects of virtual desktop infrastructure and all of it’s components.
- Perform morning system health checks on all supporting VDI systems
- Clear stale VMs from pool inventory, review system logs and correct errors
- Tune VCenter and Virtual Machine performance
- Update and patch VCenters, and ESXi hosts
- Update and patch Horizon View Admin console
- Monitor clone health, monitor user system login times and tune backend systems to ensure optimal performance and service delivery.
- Update and patch Stratusphere console.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that affect customers using VDI.
- Create, configure, STIG, fine tune, test, clone and deploy tested image to production computing environment
- Monitor virtual desktop infrastructure and fine tune production performance.
- Troubleshoot connections to endpoint devices, troubleshoot and remediate connectivity issues.
- Review and approve Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instruction
- Coordinate with Civilian oversite and Government technical lead with projects, change requests, Engineering Configuration Review and Change Authorization Boards.
- Create, submit, and maintain POA&M documentation as required.
- Attend project meetings and update and maintain Project Planning documentation.
- Coordinate with leadership on meeting deliverables in accordance with SOW/PWS
- Create and maintain team Weekly and Monthly Activity Reports
- Manage and resolve Incidents and work Orders assigned to HR VDI Remedy queue
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Or an Associate’s degree + 10 years of practical experience with computer/server systems administration with an emphasis with DaaS (Desktop as a Service) VDI deployment and support in an enterprise environment.
- Must be VMWare VCP 6 certified
- 8570/8140 SEC +CE certified
- Must have FINAL SECRET DoD Clearance
- Working knowledge of ACAS and HBSS
- Proficiency with creating/using Power Shell Scripts
- Working knowledge of HP blade (bare metal server) technology
- Working knowledge of HPE 3PAR SAN operations and connectivity
- SQL Database support
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.