Job Requisition:Enterprise Data Architect
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a talented Enterprise Data Architect in Baltimore, MD.
Provide Collaborative Technologies development and support to provide an optimal portfolio of state-of-the-art, high value, collaboration, communications, and content management solutions that result in improved effectiveness and efficiency of internal and external communications, and promotes innovation and productivity across the organization.
The successful candidate will have experience with collaborative technologies. The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and must be very proactive in analyzing complex business requirements and solving issues. This person will provide guidance to less experienced personnel, and will interact frequently with customers, subordinates and functional peer groups at various management levels. The candidate must be an articulate communicator with an ability to communicate technical results to the team.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Enterprise Data Architect position include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as a principal data architect and team lead in data warehouse modeling, and requirement analysis.
- Responsible for defining/creating Enterprise Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/roadmap to SSA customer and Leidos stakeholders.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting edge solutions that are scalable.
- Shape the program execution approach to align with the SSA long-term technical roadmap
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure solutions meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience: Requires BS degree and 12 years of related technical experience.
- Proven expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex software development projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
- Proven success with hands on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluating of various technologies.
- Expertise in design and implementation of business intelligence solution
- Expertise in designing complex enterprise data warehouse logical models.
- Advanced proficiency with Erwin data modeling. and performance tuning.
- Extended experience with service oriented environment and best development practices.
- Expertise in creating SQL scripts for ETL process and reporting. Designing ETL processing logic
- Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative developments and applications of agile concepts and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Demonstrated Evidence of continuous learning of new business area, technology, and methodologies.
- Strong analysis, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous SSA domain knowledge
- Experience with Establishing development and delivery plans
- Experience developing Cloud Migration Architecture/Framework
- Experience with Data Governance Process Definition
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.