Job Requisition:Cloud Engineer
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologists who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a “no downtime, zero outages” vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to managed services, all of which are based on our customer’s required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a set of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone’s responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you – your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Cloud Engineer, will require you to develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices. Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results while also leading work of other technical staff. You will resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. You will interact daily with technical resources which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Windsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.
- Evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions and develop standardized best practices for use within the customers environment
- Assist cloud engineering in designing and incorporating DevOps tool sets into container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), or Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
- Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results while also leading work of other technical staff.
- Automate processes to streamline workflows.
Management Responsibilities:- None
- Package Management tools: rpm, pip
- Build Servers and Tools: Jenkins, GitLab
- Container build and orchestration: Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm
- Familiarity with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures
- Versioning and Git based source control
- Cloud platform services: GCP, Azure or AWS
- Dependency Management tools: Maven
- Configuration Management tools: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
- Experience architecting interconnectivity of Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) in a multi-account scalable fashion
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Experience with automating various processes end-to-end.
- Knowledge of product development and the ability produce reusable and consistent solutions
- Good – Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
- Familiarity with open source software stacks
- Familiarity with IBM Websphere
- Hands on experience with software defined compute, storage, and network
- Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis, and more programmatically
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.