Job Requisition:Data Scientist
Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement US EUCOM’s mission objectives.
Description of the role:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, ISKM Data Scientist to develop and operationalize innovative Big Data solutions in direct support of Department of Defense (DoD) organizations, located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
-You will perform as a data scientist, helping the team on a distributed, scalable Big Data store, MapReduce programming and technologies, and real-time data processing.
-You will participate in the development of machine learning, data mining, and statistical or graph-based algorithms designed to fuse and analyze massive data sets. Your expertise will ensure the proper implementation and usage of employed algorithms and bring in cutting-edge innovations from industry and academia.
-You will also leverage knowledge of requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and diagnosis or resolution.
-Additionally, you will conduct software development, software integration, statistical analysis, modeling, and simulation all in a rapid DevOps environment.
-Responsibilities will also include actions to sync across functional teams, ensuring data science is supporting mission-focused analytic teams and work with rapid prototyping teams on site to deploy new data science capabilities through existing tool sets.
- Currently hold an adjudicated TS/SCI Clearance and be able to maintain
- Tesa eligibility
- BA/BS + 5 years recent specialized or AA/AS + 7 years recent specialized or a major cert + 9 years recent specialized or 11 years of recent specialized experience of recent specialized experience
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- CompTIA Security+ (IAT Level II or greater)
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Experience in working with various intelligence disciplines, including GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT and a comprehension of the data and tools associated with these disciplines.
- Experience with intelligence or operations analysis in the DoD or intelligence community.
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
- Experience with open source software
- Ability to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.