Job Requisition:Systems Integration Engineer -Air Traffic Control
Systems Integration Engineer -Air Traffic Control
Leidos is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Responsibilities both independently and as a team member:
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
- Able to integrate complex software with little to no outside support
- Able to understand System Level Requirements
- Developing and executing test procedures to verify requirements
- Integrating new hardware and software into the system baseline
- Ability to run through documented system test procedures at customer sites
- Analyze identified issues in conjunction with System Engineering and Software in regards to developing solutions
- Support test and requirement verification & validation
- Debug system level issues and provide detailed supporting data on identified issues
- Be able to support travel (up to 70% of time)
- Will be responsible for facilitating communications and coordination with key stakeholders during site activation testing
- Executing tests manually in the Physical Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
- Perform formal test execution with the customer and quality assurance organizations
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced, exciting environment.
- Requires Bachelors of Computer Science or BS Mathematics degree or related technical discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
- Experience leading and directing activities of a team
- Experience in following a documented Integration and Test Development Process
- Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Strong integration skills with hands-on experience integrating large software complex systems
- Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a team environment and independently
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.