Job Requisition:Deskside Technician
This position is for a Deskside Technician on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The Deskside Technician will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in San Francisco. The individual selected for this position will be the primary onsite contact for IT services for our customer. Any IT-related tasks which cannot done remotely from our offsite Service Desk will be dispatched to the onsite technician.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk
- Stage devices in preparation for deploying them to the users.
- Break/Fix support for government provided end-user computer devices
- Deployment and retrieval of new end-user devices to end users
- Install specialty software
- Interface with Information Security in cases of malware or attacks, or for lost items
- Order parts to repair hardware
- Assess issues and diagnose problems with printers
- Provide A/V support in conferences rooms and support Video Teleconferences
- Install printer toner
- Support after-hours activities as required
As Leidos’ only onsite representative, the deskside technician must portray a positive image at all times. The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
The individual selected for this position must successful complete a security investigation by the government.
- High School Diploma and 3+ years of IT Technical Support Experience
- Experience working on customer sites
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a quick-paced environment.
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.