Job Requisition:Transmission Line Design Technician
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Transmission Line Design Technician in our Framingham, MA office. The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects, low voltage distribution projects, and other tasks, as assigned. He/she will be responsible for design and planning efforts related to power
transmission and distribution physical facilities. This includes working independently but under the direction of an engineer or project manager to prepare drawings, specifications, and reports to define the scope of work associated with the construction of power transmission and distribution lines; perform analyses in association with large scale transmission and distribution projects; and provide construction monitoring and field technical support for power transmission and distribution projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will periodically interface with clients, and will provide assistance to Project Managers.
He/she will prepare or review:
• transmission and distribution line models using PLS-CADD
*structure models using PLS-POLE
*calculations for line analyses
*structure loading drawings
• plan & profile drawings utilizing Autocad, Microstation, and PLS-CADD
• environmental permitting drawing
• right-of-way support drawings
• transmission line hardware and structure assembly drawings
• material and equipment specifications
• line design parameters
• line routing
• project budgets, schedules and estimates
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years’ experience with specific transmission and distribution projects. High school diploma with additional 4+ years related experience may be considered in leiu of a degree.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical
plans, drawings, and models.
• Ability to learn/pick up various transmission line specific software (Sag 10, FAD, etc.)
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills required
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
• Detail oriented
• Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, TOWER, SAG10, LPILE, MFAD, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Microstation
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles including basic transmission line engineering
• Experience in writing and providing support documentation for engineering calculations
• Familiarity with design codes and standards such as NESC, IEEE, ANSI, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 31
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.