Job Requisition:Business Development Operations, Senior Manager
Leidos Corporate Business Development has an immediate opening for a Business Development (BD) Operations, Senior Manager at the Leidos facility in Reston, VA.
This individual will support the Leidos EVP & Chief of Business Development in carrying out strategic, operational and system initiatives. Includes day to day operations support for Corporate BD team, including BD executive. Effectiveness will be determined by this individual’s ability to grasp financial metrics, systems and form partnerships across the organization (both internal to BD and external with other Leidos functions).
Specifically this role is responsible for driving reporting metrics, partnering with Corporate FP&A on budgets, backlog and Book-to-Bill and uncovering other operational efficiencies aimed at streamlining existing processes. Responsibilities also include oversight of internal events, customer meetings and key corporate events that align with the strategic planning and other BD processes.
Reporting to the EVP & Chief of Business Development, primary responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of all Business Development Reporting metrics including Awards, Submits and Pipeline including monthly roll ups and ELT briefings.
- Direct oversight of WinIt including partnering with the IT Organization on the development and implementation of CRM system requirements, enhancements and utilization.
- Manage team of (3) responsible for data integrity, reporting automation, tracking of BD metrics, WinIt testing and training, and other special projects.
- Meet with the VP Strategy & Ops bi-weekly to ensure BD requirements are understood and being implemented.
- Collaborate with Program Execution on Leidos Business Framework deliverables and Customer Relationship Assessment metrics.
- Maintain NBF and CM dashboards including implementing new requirements, testing and training company wide.
- BD EVP Executive support including (25-50% of time):
- Transform ideas and leadership inputs into executive level PowerPoint briefings (~2x / month).
- Make recommendations and report to the BD EVP on status of projects, BD EVP priorities, meetings and other areas of oversight.
- Other duties as assigned
- Partner with Corporate Finance, Contracts and Group BD Operations team on gross award reconciliations and Book-to-Bill analysis.
- Manage the ~$30M Corporate BD CHO Budget. Oversee reporting, tracking and run rate analysis of $200M+ NBF budget. Coordinate AOP with group BD leads, Finance and the Rates team.
- Lead weekly and quarterly staff meetings including setup, agenda, location and briefing material.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to the Group BD Leads.
- Responsible for associated BD policy revisions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior Business Development Experience
- Strong financial acumen; Understanding of Gross Awards, Backlog, Factoring and Book-to-Bill
- Working knowledge of WinIt tool and functionality
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship across the organization
Potential for Teleworking: No
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.