Job Requisition:Sr Data Scientist
Leidos is seeking qualified, motivated Sr. Data Scientists for an exciting opportunity on a critical program supporting a wide range of intelligence mission areas. The work location is primarily in the Washington Metro area, but certain positions may require some travel to other domestic or oversees locations. The position requires an active TS clearance with current SCI or SCI eligibility.
The successful Sr. Data Scientist shall:
- Handle and process raw data (e.g. structured, unstructured, and mixed datasets), and analyze data through the application of various statistical techniques or tools
- Supervise, manage, and review work outputs of lower level data scientists, as required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Top Secret Clearance, SCI eligible
- 4+ years' experience working with and exploiting big data; distributed computing; predictive modelling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; story-telling; and visualization
- Experience with programming languages such as R, SAS, Python, MatLab, SQL, Hive, Pig, C, Java, and Spark
- Ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning
- Ability to collect, clean, and wrangle/mung data in a timely manner as part of a cross-functional team in an intelligence, or related, environment
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED and 10 years' relevant experience; Associate's degree and 8 years' relevant experience; Bachelor's degree and 6 years' relevant experience; or Master's degree and 4 years' relevant experience in a relevant field, from an accredited college or university
- Active data scientist/ analytics or equivalent certification from IBM, Microsoft, Cloudera, Hortonworks, SAS, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist4000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.