Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
Want to work on first-of-a-kind unattended ground sensor (UGS) programs for urgent Government needs in the Geophysics and Electronic Systems department? What about working only minutes from the warm sunny beach in our San Diego, CA office as our newest Systems Engineer?
If so, our Leidos Innovations Center is looking for you, our next Systems Engineer to be mentored in systems engineering, system integration and test, and technical leadership in preparation for future leadership opportunities. Be exposed to other technologies as part of the ISR/CBRN Sensing and Exploitation Division working as a hands-on engineer.
Cool stuff you will do on the job:
- Shadow experienced technical leaders on multiple R&D programs with responsibilities including system design, requirements development, system integration and test, field testing, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and verification and validation.
- Analyze system-level performance in order to measure technical progress.
- Be hands-on in this role, and interact directly with all of the relevant engineering disciplines.
- Assist to develop concepts for UGS technologies and to provide background material for white papers and proposals.
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Systems Engineering or related discipline with at least 8 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 5 years of experience
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
- Analysis using MATLAB or equivalent tools
- Hands-on design, integration, and test in one or more engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership of teams of at least 3 engineers
You will wow us even more if you have these experience in the following:
- Requirements derivation, allocation, and traceability
- Integration and test planning
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Hands-on embedded system design, integration, and test
- Experience with formal verification and validation
- Experience programming in C/C++/Java/Python
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams
- MASINT signal and/or image processing
- Tradespace exploration tools/techniques
External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.