Job Requisition:Data Scientist TS/SCI with Polygraph
Leidos seeks a Data Scientist to support enabling and growth for automation efforts and drive forward natural language processing efforts. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. Location for this role is in the Northern Virginia area.
The Data Scientist shall focus on the business analytics, metrics collection, and analysis efforts to assist in addressing questions on work force characteristics, workforce productivity and output, and the value of reporting to the workforce. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: • Work directly with stakeholders to establish working data sets, configurations, and profiles to support metrics analysis. • Design and implement advanced design configurations for complex data sets. • Compile data analysis and reporting needs using deployed tools. • Collaborate closely with stakeholders to stay current and abreast of changes with current enterprise metadata collection tools. • Produce ad hoc reports/metrics as deemed necessary to answer immediate needs.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with analytic methods and methodological tools in one or more of the following areas: applied mathematics, probability and statistics, data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel for data manipulation; using formulas, look ups, pivot tables, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases, ideally Oracle using SQL.
- Demonstrated experience translating complex, technical findings into a narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form.
- Demonstrated experience using the scripting language Python.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse data types.
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, such as Github.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience with data science techniques or formal data science training.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated experience with developing data visualizations.
- Demonstrated experience with creative problem solving skills to address procedural and administrative issues within the assigned problem set.
- Demonstrated experience with web analytics processing and procedures.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Amazon Web Servicers infrastructure and its native data science capabilities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.