Job Requisition:Inventory Manager--TS/SCI REQUIRED
We are seeking qualified candidates for an Inventory Manager for multiple openings supporting our government customer in their state of the art facility in Sterling, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
This program provides operations and sustainment, and special projects for IT user facing services at customer facilities and numerous external locations across the world. The customer’s mission to support our warfighters drives our need for relentless customer service. This position will assist in delivering Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) services. The position will perform day to day management of warehouse inventory and associated inventory data for the program’s warehouses. This position will work in the warehouse at Sterling, VA and Springfield, VA. At times, this position may need to travel to other warehouse facilities.
The Inventory Manager is responsible for maintaining timeliness and accuracy of inventory data consisting of the accountable property, configuration items and consumable items stored in the program’s warehouses, and for consistency of processes and procedures, and tracking practices used. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Primary point of contact/leadership for warehouse inventory across all of the Program’s warehouses:
- Frequently reviews warehouse levels to ensure stock meets or exceeds the established threshold levels required for break/fix activity and estimated project (standard and special) requirements.
- Organize warehouses to optimize use of space and support expeditious response to warehousing requirements required to store and control distribution of equipment, spares, consumables, and warehouse materials
- Ensure property and total asset management processes and procedures are used consistently across warehouses
- Apply inventory management and control to maintain timeliness and accuracy of inventory data
- Perform continuous evaluation of warehouse stock levels to optimize supply levels and initiate procurement of restock items
- Track receiving of shipments, comparison of received equipment against packing slips and procurement documents to ensure accurate intake of new inventory, fast identification and resolution of problems with shipments, and timely and highly accurate updates to inventory levels in the inventory database
- Track shipping for transfers between warehouses and to external sites to ensure accurate receiving at distant end, and timely and highly accurate decrements to inventory levels in the inventory database
- Perform regular spot checks of inventory data at warehouses to ensure accuracy and timeliness and review results of daily local inventory counts conducted by the warehouse staff
- Review daily shipping and receiving logs for completeness
- Recommend procurement of equipment, consumables and materials requirements to initiate procurement actions
- Aid in ensuring rapid collection and filing of receiving documentation to ensure rapid payment to vendors for purchase orders
- Perform analytics on inventory data and provide metrics reports from SACM data sources and databases
- Aid in development of processes/procedures, continuous improvement efforts, and inventory database for warehouse and inventory control practices leading to highly accurate inventory data
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training materials for warehouse practices
- Determine and implement corrective actions required to maintain timeliness and accuracy of warehouse data
- Work closely with SACM management, Leidos Procurement, Operations and Project Managers to understand customer requirements for equipment and
- Local travel to visit warehouses will be needed.
- Must be comfortable with utilizing an in house tool.
- Must be able to interact with the Customer on a daily basis.
- Be able to work 8 hours a day.
Other duties may include:
- Other logistics duties as assigned in response to contract and mission requirements impacting the warehouses
- Coordination with SACM team and other stakeholders to develop and transition inventory data to a new database
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently sits; uses hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop; kneel; and crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Previous experience in inventory management, warehouse support, and/or integrated logistics services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be a US Citizen
- An active TS/SCI with CI Poly is required
• Prior experience as a Logistician (e.g. knowledge of the organization, function and activities involved in providing integrated logistics services)
• Prior experience in using and producing report from databases, especially inventory or asset management data
Education & Experience:
- Requires a BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Referral Bonus Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.