Job Requisition:Data Manager
Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Data Manager to support the Deployment Health Research Program at the Naval Health Research Center in San Diego, CA. This position will support the Deployment Health Research Program in their mission to examine the effects of deployment and career experiences on the overall physical and mental health of service members and their families. Currently, the department has several major research studies in progress, including the Millennium Cohort Study, the Millennium Cohort Family Study, the Birth and Infant Health Research Program, and the Recruit Assessment Program. The Data Manager’s main function is to access various databases to extract relevant data and construct comprehensive, project-specific datasets for internal use and partnership requirements.
- Serve as the Point of Contact for all protected data sources used by the department
- Work with research teams to extract and merge required data from multiple sources to appropriately answer research study questions.
- Perform data manipulations and transformation on raw data using SAS to create analytical-friendly datasets
- Performs data archive procedures based on established departmental guidelines
- Maintain and update documentation on all related processes and procedures, such as data request and data completion forms.
- Contribute to data management processes, including data verification, cleaning, and quality assurance
- Conduct frequent data accuracy and integrity checks; work to resolve identified issues/errors in project datasets.
- Works closely with Human Protections and Regulatory personnel to ensure compliance with all regulatory and DOD policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science or related field
- Advanced proficiency in SAS
- Experience in constructing and analyzing complex databases, including data merging, cleaning, and verification processes.
- A minimum of one year of experience conducting complex data management of medical claims data.
**Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.