Job Requisition:Validation Testing Specialist
The Government Health & Safety Solutions group within Leidos is seeking a proven Validation Testing Specialist to support a suite of projects aligned with critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of Systems Architecture in Baltimore, MD.
The successful Validation Testing Specialist shall be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Coordination of computerized system validation activities, testing and evaluation of software programs against design specifications and user requirements, and serves as the liaison between the appropriate IT teams and operational business units to ensure project expectations are properly set and met
• Utilize requirements traceability and risk based approaches for all development projects, and participates in requirements planning, design and execution, User Acceptance Testing activities, defect management, results analysis and presents findings to SSA and Leidos staff
• Coordinate with the appropriate IT and management teams in the preparation, development, maintenance and execution of a wide range of complex quality test plans, test cases, and test scripts with full competency of the Software Testing Lifecycle to ensure software meets or exceeds specified standards and end user requirements
• Support specialized testing as needed including security testing, environment readiness, batch schedule validation, performance and automated testing. On a limited basis may assist teams in all functional testing types including functional, regression, systems and integration testing
• Must maintain a high level of collaboration with SSA customers, and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success
• Must have experience functioning in a multi-disciplinary team inclusive of performing as team lead as required
• Must possess outstanding communications, writing, and grammar skills
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust suitability determination
• Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience with software testing in multi-platform environments (e.g., IBM z/OS, Linux)
• Experience and working knowledge of relevant technology, tools and software
• Experience in Federal Government sector / Social Security Administration contractual support
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.