Job Requisition:Scrum Master
The Leidos Military Veterans Health Solutions group currently has a contingent opening for a Scrum Master. This position requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work guide an integrated team of Solutions Architects, technical and functional analysts, and technical writers in the development of Interface Control Documents (ICDs) to support the Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program located in the National Capital Region (NCR). This role performs project management tasks to coordinate and prioritize tasks among the team members and reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to track overall efficiency of product delivery across team. This Finally, this role facilitates horizontal communication across team member to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed.
- The candidate will provide liaison and coaching support for an assigned Scrum team to document system Surveys, Analyses, and Interface Control Documents for a defined group of system interfaces.
- The candidate will utilize the Agile/Scrum Methodology process, in accordance with predefined meetings, roles, artifacts, and terminology which promote and emphasize delivery, open communication, team self-organization, and stakeholder participation, for the complete Agile Software Development Cycle (ASDC).
- The candidate will facilitate Scrum Daily Stand-ups, planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and review sessions, ensuring all activities use the principles of the Agile/Scrum framework and Veteran-focused Integrated Process (VIP) efficiencies and established EHRM documentation templates.
- The candidate will ensure Scrum teams are comprised of the appropriate cross-functional roles, mitigate project issues and risks, manage the Build, Product, and Sprint Backlogs, instruct associates and stakeholders in creating Rational user stories, remove impediments, recommend continuous improvement, and participate in capacity and resource planning.
REQUIRED Skills: The Contractor shall have advanced experience in the following:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a VA Moderate BI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum as a Product Owner or Scrum Master.
- Excellent relationship building skills and sound interpersonal skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Proficient user of MS Suite and Rational Tools.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a NACI Clearance.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Active VA clearance and active PIV card.
- Experience working on VA DoD, and/or VHA technology platforms and systems a plus.
- Master’s Degree in any related field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Scaled Agile certifications (SA), Project Management Professional (PMP) or Government Program Management Certification Level II (Level III preferred).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.