Job Requisition:Systems Integration & Test Engineer
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking an entry level Systems Integration and Test Engineer for a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
- Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
- Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface. - Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within the object oriented environment (primarily C++/Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Performing software development as needed for the TFDM system - Providing support needed for system engineering - Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
- Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must have a Bachelors Degree in related engineering discipline
Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer therefore US Citizenship is required.
Experience in object oriented design and development with the C++ programming
- Experience in following a documented Software Development Process
- Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS
- Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems Desired Skills:
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces using Qt - Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C, Ada, Perl, etc.)
- Familiarization with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA - FAA air traffic domain knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.