Job Requisition:Construction Safety/Environmental Engineer
The NISC III program at Leidos is looking for an Construction Safety/Environmental Engineer to support the Federal Aviation Administration in Jamaica, NY.
This position’s primary task is to provide the Engineering Services Department with extensive project reviews and support throughout the project life cycle by performing the following duties:
- Provide project engineer with assistance in determining the EOSH Hazards and potential impacts during the project planning phase.
- The EOSH Professional will assist the engineer in identifying existing site EOSH data. Asbestos survey reports, Fall Protection and Rescue Plans, WIT Inspection data, Tower Inspections, Lead Testing data, Lockout/Tag out procedures, etc. will be acquired and used by the project engineer to verify these data and compile additional information during the survey.
- Assist engineer in identifying EOSH Project Hazards during the Design Phase.
- Review project specifications and drawings.
- Review and comment on engineering packages, contractor submittals, work plans, and project documents concerning safety and hazardous materials, to include providing technical guidance in developing engineering packages, specifications, and project transmittals and providing technical guidance at project and pre-construction meetings.
- Develop cost estimates for the environmental and safety needs of projects.
- Assist and provide all applicable required EOSH review documentation, including 3900.57A forms, into project review package.
- Provide a complete EOSH project review for Engineering Services projects, incorporating OSHA, EPA, FAA, and applicable standards and regulations.
- When requested, conduct site survey visits to project sites to identify and verify existing or potential EOSH impacts within the planning phase.
- Identify all local, state, and federal regulations specific to the project being reviewed and determine applicable forms, permits, and notices that are required.
- Conduct EOSH sampling such as asbestos, drinking water, and more.
Typical education and experience:
- Generally requires a Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree in related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to read construction blueprints and assess potential safety / environmental hazards.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience with MS Office Suites
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.