Job Requisition:Associate Buyer
Leidos is seeking an Associate Buyer located in our Oak Ridge, Tennessee facility. The Associate Buyer is responsible for the procurement of IT Hardware, hardware maintenance, goods and services, company-wide.
The Associate Buyer is responsible for:
- The development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures with minimal guidance.
- Purchase order administration/file maintenance, closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management.
- Creating complex solicitations, conducting complex price and cost analysis, negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract/PO provisions. Procurement of moderate complexity and risk and moderately complex price analysis.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews supplier quotes, and selects or recommends suppliers based on gathered information.
- May also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 0 - 2+ year’s business experience; OR an Associate’s degree coupled with 4+ year’s business experience; OR a HS Diploma coupled with 6+ years of business experience.
- Prior experience buying IT Hardware and or tangible goods is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation desired.
- CostPoint experience preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.