Job Requisition:Airport Site Lead / Project Manager
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
LEIDOS has immediate openings in multiple locations for Airport Site Lead/Project Manager(s) to provide technical, and project management support to TSA Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for the Transportation Equipment Deployment Services (TEDS) for the Deployment and Logistics Division (DLD).
This position encompasses the full project lifecycle management as the site lead / project manager. The position involves, site surveys/validations, risk identification and mitigation, coordination, communication, report development, drawing review/comment, construction management / oversight, schedule development and tracking, applying for and closing out local/state construction permits, subcontractor oversight, installation oversight, test witness, and project sell-off / close-out of security systems related to the checkpoint equipment deployments at federalized airports throughout the East/West region. The position will support the TSA TEDS program to maintain, upgrade, and move the established airport security system to the next generation of capability.
NOTE: This position will allow the selected candidates(s) to work remotely and telecommute from home. However, 50-75% travel to regional airports is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management at assigned airports, including coordination, site survey/validation, design support, communication, developing statement of work bid packages, construction oversight, site/equipment layout evaluation, witness test/checkout, site clean-up and restoration.
• The candidate will be responsible for managing up to 5 - 7 projects at various life cycle stages concurrently.
• May be required to guide or direct the daily activities for geographically assigned teams ranging in size from 2-10 consisting of site technicians, including subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and/or local general contractors.
• Will be responsible for facilitating communications and coordination between TSA HQ, local TSA, airport stakeholders, operations management, general subcontractors, other TSA Vendors, airport authority representatives and state/ local government officials.
• Exercise expert judgment and assess project, construction, and equipment installation best practices to conduct requirements analysis; review design drawings, specifications, and deliverables; support connectivity construction, installation, and acceptance testing; and oversee site clean-up and remediation.
• Successfully monitor the project schedule and keep the team appraised of any possible delays or modified plans to avoid any unnecessary costs to the customer.
• Self-starter with high energy and initiative to easily adapt to dynamic, fast-paced work environments.
• Physical work locations may vary depending on the assigned airports and the deployment schedule. This position requires up to 75%+ travel to airport locations as assigned. Some work may require non-standard work shifts (during evening or weekends) to accommodate TSA requirements for minimal disruption to airport operations.
• Develop agendas and lead conference call meetings including ad hoc (periodic as requested by TSA or Leidos), weekly, integrated project team (IPT), and installation readiness (so called Go / no go”) meetings.
• Be well organized, take meeting minutes and disseminate to the team as required.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, exciting environment.
• Must be responsive to Leidos, TSA and other stakeholders request for information, schedule updates, status reporting and forward planning.
• Be proactive and look forward in time to be fully prepared for future activities.
• Punctuality is mandatory; always be on-time or ahead of schedule as the site lead is typically the lead for various elements of their projects.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors Degree and 2 years related experience. Ideal candidates will possess Airport Category X & 1– 5 years of Project Management (preferably construction management)
• Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager (preferably construction management) with on-time, on-budget projects, taking into consideration complexities and schedule history for comparable projects.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders on a single project.
• Experience in planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for construction projects.
• Management experience on work performed by field staff and subcontracting firms.
• Experience in resolving compliance issues with federal, state and local authorities on design specifications.
• Thorough understanding of airport construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• B.S. Degree in a technical field such as Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is desired.
• TSA experience in the field at a checkpoint or security outpost.
• Spanish speaker is a big plus.
• Professional certifications (i.e., Licensed PE, PMI® PMP, or General Contractor License is a plus).
• Knowledgeable of MS Project or other scheduling tools.
• Demonstrative ability to effectively work with, coordinate/make assignments, and manage multi-disciplined teams of technical and project management professionals and interact as the liaison with the customer and stakeholders.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.