Job Requisition:Sr. Systems Engineering Lead- Bio-metrics Automated Tool Set – Army
This role is responsible for leading a team of Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Information Assurance Engineers in the Post Production/Post Deployment software sustainment for the BAT-A family of systems. In addition, the individual will be responsible for the Network Architecture to support maintenance of the Software Engineering Environment. This will include interfacing with the Army G6 to understand constraints and maintain the required security posture while meeting operational needs of the BAT-A sustainment team.
• Coordinate and participate in efforts to support the Software Engineering team to execute transition of the BAT-A Software Baselines and execute up to two software releases per year per baseline for three baselines; this includes ensuring the team has all the tools needed to execute the releases.
• Maintain Security Posture of the Development and Test Environment.
• Execute maintenance of the Network Architecture ensuring compliance with USG networking security policy as well as the capability to execute the BAT-A Software Sustainment Mission.
• Software Testing to include the following:
• Coordinate, lead, and participate (as needed) in efforts of the test team to execute software integration & testing as well as formal qualification testing
• Coordinate, lead, and participate (as needed) in efforts of the IA and test teams to execute IAVA Patch testing as development of POA&Ms as necessary
• Lead IAVA Maintenance; ATO maintenance / re-certification to include the following:
• Coordinate, lead, and participate (as needed) in efforts of the Information Assurance Engineering team to execute IAVA maintenance and preparation for ATO re-certification.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or technical Discipline and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be able to provide functional and empirical analysis related tothe design, development, and implementation ofsoftware systems, including,butnot limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
• Must be able to participate in the developmentof test strategies, devices, and systems.
• Requires an active DoD Secret Security Clearance at a minimum.
• Experience in setting up networks (configuring switches and routers), performing systems administration such as installing and configuring software and databases
• Must have Team Lead experience (managing day-to-day operations of a technical team)
• CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
• Software Development Tools used: Microsoft Visual Studio, Entity Framework, Aware NISTPack SDK, Aware PreFAce SDK, VeriFinger SDK, VeriEye SDK, L1 Foundation SDK
• Software Source Code Editing: UltraEdit (suite)
• Software Languages: C#, Visual Basic, .Net, HTML, XML, SQL
• Third Party Tools to Integrate Biometric collection and analysis: Aware NISTPack, Aware PreFace, VeriFinger, VeriEye, L1 Foundation
• Requirements Management Tool: Caliber
• Configuration Management and Issue Tracking: BitBucket, Jira
• Test Case Management: Helix ALM
• Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
• Graphics for Network Design: Microsoft Visio
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.