Job Requisition:MSSQL Administrator
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a MSSQL Administrator in Baltimore, MD.
The Social Security Administrations seeks a mid-level to SQL Database Administrator with experience in Microsoft SQL Server to support numerous custom and commercial off the shelf application databases. Database administrators should have experience with database design and implementation within a multi domain/server/instance environment, backup and recovery strategies, creation and optimization of tables, views, indexes, stored procedures and user-defined functions, role and permission based security, auditing and policy management, and other advanced topics such as AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Cloud Computing.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience using both MS SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and T-SQL to configure and manage all aspects of SQL Server instances including database/object creation and updates, query tuning, database backup and recovery, granting server/database/object access, and problem solving. Candidates must also demonstrate knowledge of configuring availability groups including adding and removing databases from availability groups.
- Administration of databases from development through production lifecycles.
- Create, document and implement SQL Server database/development standards.
- Work with customers, end users, project managers, technical architects, and application developers to define requirements and structure for databases
- Design, develop, and integrate highly complex SQL processes and derives logical processes on physical platforms for users and clients
- Availability for after-hours on call support as well as required deployment of production packages during non-peak hours.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree as well as the following are required:
• 5+ years of experience working with relational databases
• 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, later versions preferable
• 5+ years of T-SQL developing tables, views, indexes, constraints, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
• 5+ years of database optimization using profilers, query analyzers and query plans experience
• 5+ years of database engineering, design, development experience
• 5+ years of database and application performance tuning experience
• Familiarity with Atlassian products Confluence, Bitbucket, and JIRA
• Familiarity with Ansible automation platform tools
• Experience working with relational data modeling using tools like Erwin
• Experience with MS PowerShell Scripting
Position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.