Job Requisition:Semiconductor Laboratory Technologist
Leidos has a need for a Semiconductor Laboratory Technologist to support a state of the art government laboratory located on Kirtland AFB, NM that conducts experimental research in semiconductor laser technologies for the Air Force Research Laboratory. The Technologist will maintain a suite of semiconductor laser laboratories in a safe and good working order. The Technologist will provide maintenance for all fabrication tools in the laboratories including molecular beam epitaxy, plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition, reactive ion etching systems, Fourier transform infrared spectrometer, wet chemical etching tools, X-ray diffractometer and others, and may operate some of these tools. The successful candidate will interface with government personnel on a daily basis on all aspects of operational requirements of the semiconductor laser facilities. Duties also include purchasing support and procurement of supplies and chemicals needed for the full function of the semiconductor laser laboratory. The Technologist will help maintain a high level of organization within the laboratory to facilitate operations. The successful candidate will exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions, and will contribute to the development of program goals and objectives.
Fun roles you will do on the job:
• Work in and maintain a class 100 clean room and semiconductor laboratories.
• Maintain a variety of semiconductor process and inspection tools, including dry etch, dielectric and metal deposition tools, electron microscopes, bonding tools, photolithography devices and other semiconductor laser devices.
• Work independently and in team environments.
• Possesses the desire to research and develop new and novel semiconductor fabrication and testing techniques that lead to innovative solutions for our customers.
Skills necessary to be successful in this role:
• AS degree in a technical or engineering discipline and 3+ years of hands-on experience in the area of semiconductor fabrication or 7+ years of related experience.
• Recent experience maintaining a variety of semiconductor process tools.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
• Ability to collect and present data to customers and in reports.
• Working knowledge of test and evaluation protocols of semiconductor process tools.
• Working knowledge of vacuum, gas and fluid systems.
• Understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with process tools used for fabricating quantum cascade lasers.
• Possess an active DOD Secret security clearance
• Possess experience working in a research and development laboratory environment
• Experience with AFRL security and safety procedures and policies.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.