Job Requisition:Technical Analyst
The Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions group is currently supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) Program. EHRM will provide a single common Electronic Health Record (EHR) across VA and the Department of Defense (DoD) to provide seamless care for Veterans and active duty military members improving their access to the highest quality care.
The Leidos MVHS group currently has an opening for a Technical Analyst.. The candidate will have the ability to research, interpret, and understand technical documentation supporting existing VA healthcare applications. The primary focus of the technical analysis is to identify, understand, and document communication interfaces between identified systems for the existing VA EHR, and then support the design activity for those interfaces within the new VA EHRM to include their protocols, message types, and formats.
The candidate will have the ability to research, interpret, and understand functional documentation supporting existing VA healthcare applications.
The primary focus of the technical analysis is to identify, understand, and document communication interfaces between identified systems for the existing VA EHR, and then support the design activity for those interfaces within the new VA EHRM to include their protocols, message types, and formats.
This position will include Team responsibility for systems interface integration analysis, design, and Interface Control Document (ICD) development support. The candidate will work with a team of a System Architect, Architects, Functional Analysts, and Technical Writers to develop and deliver ICDs within an Agile Scrum environment.
The candidate should have 8 years of systems interface analysis and/or development to include healthcare IT experience and common API (SOAP, REST, and/or FHIR) Interoperability.
REQUIRED Skills: The candidate must have advanced experience in the following:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience with large-scale projects, with cross-functional development teams, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to details under tight deadline constraints is essential.
- Excellent relationship building skills and sound interpersonal skills, while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Proficient user of MS Visio and the MS Office suite.
- Healthcare IT experience
- HL7 (V2.x, V3)
- SOAP, REST, FHIR APIs
- Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) or similar
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Requires a BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a VA Moderate BI clearance.
- Must have ability to travel 10%
- Active VA clearance and active PIV card.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experienced with Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Familiar with the standards and practices of requirements analysis.
- Familiar with relational database concepts.
- Experience working on VA, DoD, and/or VHA technology platforms and systems a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.