Job Requisition:C5ISRO AudioVisual Engineer
Leidos has a career opportunity for an AudioVisual (AV) Engineer in Honolulu, HI. The AV Engineer will provide engineering and technical support for secure audiovisual and video teleconferencing systems located at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and remotely for all other Pacific Air Force (PACAF) bases. The engineer will oversee all PACAF AV and VTC equipment and installations as well as ensure the proper utilization and execution of VTC equipment and rooms for PACAF users up through the PACAF Commander, a four star general. They will be responsible for the oversight and execution of several AV and VTC upgrade projects that were recently initiated by the customer and will be the subject matter expert for installation and configuration. Candidate will be responsible for the coordination and smooth operation of personnel, to include communication and scheduling with the lead personnel at other Commands (ACC, AMC, AFSPC, etc.).
- Must be able to set up, interconnect and operate A/V equipment including LCD projectors and screens, audio mixers, microphones, sound systems, teleprompter, DVD players, production and document cameras, computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other technology devices;
- Establish wired network connections; integrate web and audio conferencing into meetings; operate complex A/V systems with integrated video conferencing, projection, audio, recording, playback and remote control devices; establish point-to-point and multi-point video conferences;
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve A/V equipment and connectivity issues; lift, transport and assemble A/V equipment; adapt to changes in technology; lift and move equipment;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; prioritize projects and organize time; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; train others on AV system operation; research technical resources; adapt to changes in technology.
- AV engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and installation of audiovisual systems. Punctuality and precision are very important in this position, so time-management skills are highly beneficial.
- Audiovisual engineers are also responsible for researching and implementing new software, as well as technological developments to improve various aspects of the job. Member will work in conjunction with other staff members, so strong verbal and written communication skills are also important.
- Member must know all aspects of A/V equipment and related peripherals; basic signal flow; inter-connectivity of A/V equipment and systems; standard software applications; various computer platforms and operating systems; basic network infrastructure; basic electrical safety practices; excellent customer service skills and practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related Audio Visual technical field
- More than 8 years’ experience required
- TS/SCI Clearance required on day one
- Extron Electronics Certification Required
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
External referral eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.