Job Requisition:Systems Engineer - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The candidate is responsible for ensuring reliable and useful deliverable products to the customer. The selected candidate will work closely with the system health monitors and Splunk team to ensure the data output meets and exceeds the customer’s expectation. The candidate will verify and validate data, ensuring data quality, and completeness while driving ETL operations. The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and aiding the customer in requests for dashboards and data sets. Transition to and Implement ESM and provide training to analytical customers.
- Provide assistance with dashboard design ideas to development team in support of client
- Integrate multiple data streams and feeds from networks, infrastructure services, mission/business application into near, real-time dashboards for use in trouble shooting and the presentation of situational awareness briefings to leadership
- Utilize pre-built dashboards/add-ons within Splunk system and be able to create custom Splunk dashboards and search queries to meet the customer’s needs
- Provide recommendations/action plans for incorporating new data streams to present additional visualizations
- Perform software requirements, system integration activities, lead research, designs develops and test software and tools to include development of new work product or enhancing existing applications, system or embedded products
- Conduct appropriate investigation and support resolution and technical solution reporting
- Provide initial problem resolution where possible and reporting
- Assist customer with data interpretation for ETL ingestion and quality assurance
- Generate, monitor and track incidents/events through to resolution
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent training and/or experience
- 12+ years’ experience in Cyber security and telecommunications
- Active/current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Possess exceptional knowledge of customer data sets
- Experience working in Windows environment
- Advanced understanding of specific enterprise environments that direct the correlation of system data for mission impact
- IC experienced desired
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Splunk Certified Power User Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.