Job Requisition:Sr. VMWare Engineer
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a “no downtime, zero outages” vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to white-glove services, all of which are based on our customer’s required level of support. Our organization is comprised of a team supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Service Delivery, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, and Storage Operations. Part of everyone’s responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you – your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Senior Vmware Systems Engineer, will require you to be part of a Cloud Operations Team providing leadership to serve as a backup lead for a team comprised of Windows, Linux and VMware engineers. Candidate will have technical expertise, training and support for all aspects of VMware infrastructure to include expertise, design and implementation of Vmware Vcenter, Vsphere 6.x and Site recovery Manager for multiple enterprise data centers. This will include Cloud integration and migration activities to AWS. Candidate must also be capable of maintaining various hardware platforms to include HP, DELL and Cisco bladeframes as well as rack-mount servers. Expertise in HP/DELL Bladeframe Network and SAN Connectivity and troubleshooting. Must be able to build, maintain and troubleshoot hosting environment from hardware and hypervisor configuration and setup to maintaining virtual machines (X86 Win/RHEL), as well as be able to proactively monitor and detect potential issues that may impact performance on both hypervisors, physical and virtual servers. Execute major changes to the Active Directory to include domain promotions and schema updates, Organization Unit structure, Group Policy management, DHCP, DNS and access controls. Powershell scripting for operational information retrieval and custom requests is a must. Candidate must have ability to independently tackle operational problems, develop solutions, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The Engineer must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality operational support management with minimal business impact.
- Support enterprise hosting technologies to include Vmware and public cloud AWS.
- Respond quickly and collaborate with team for all operational issues.
- Quickly adapt, maintain and support as well as train operational staff on new engineering technologies emerging from Cloud Engineering team.
- Collaborate in weekly meetings with Cloud engineering team, take action and provide status updates on ongoing operational projects.
- Will act as a backup to the lead
- Experience leading teams.
- Assess workloads within team and rebalance work accordingly.
- Ability to work and manage project independently.
- Ability to train other staff members on latest technologies.
- Good – Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Lead team to successful resolution of issues as they arise.
- Manage internal projects to success completion and deliver requests upon request.
- Experience with VMware technologies: Vsphere, Vcenter and Site Recover manager.
- Experience supporting highly available Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure based on industry best practices and the AWS well architected framework.
- Experience working with AWS programmatically via the CLI, Tools, or SDK.
- Experience maintaining Disaster Recovery infrastructure to include Cloud based workloads.
- Strong experience with Hyper-Converged Technologies
- Experience with configuration management of Cloud based resources.
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals.
- Ability to write script in an Administrative Language (PowerShell, Pyton, Ruby, or Shell).
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot x86 workloads (Wintel and RHEL)
- Ability to create powershell scripts for custom operational needs
- Agile-based knowledge and skill.
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Vmware certification
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Ability to obtain a Public trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.