Job Requisition:Principal System Software Engineer
The Civil Health Operation is seeking a talented Principal System Software Engineer to drive the technical execution for the FDA SIRCE and Imports program in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs' (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Principal System Software Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting-edge solutions that are scalable.
- Shape the program execution approach to align with the FDA long term technical roadmap
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems.
- Troubleshoot code level problems.
- Assist in planning and directing engineers in the implementation and maintenance of the systems.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives.
- When needed, perform code review/audit to ensure the quality of the implementation.
Education & Experience: Requires BS degree and 12 years of related technical experience.
- Expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex software development projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
- Proven success with hands on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluating of various technologies.
- Advanced proficiency with Java/J2EE, Java Script, Angular 2+, JPA/ORM, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Spring Framework, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML5, Log4f, Junit, and Unix/Linux experience.
- Extended experience with service oriented environment and best development practices.
- Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative developments and applications of agile concepts and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Evidence of continuous learning of new business area, technology, and methodologies.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Previous FDA domain knowledge
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with Microservices Architecture development
- Proven experience developing Mobile Application Frameworks/Architectures
- Experience developing Cloud Migration Architectures/Frameworks
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.