Job Requisition:Senior Cyber Security Architect
Leidos seeks specialized technical, cybersecurity and privacy expertise to support VA IT modernization strategy and initiatives, including merging of Electronic Health Records (EHR), cloud computing, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), specialized networks (i.e., software and security perimeter and defined networks) Internet of Things (IoT), analytic ecosystems, and medical devices. The chosen candidate will assume one of several key personnel and team leadership roles in Leidos’ commitment to provide agency-wide technical support services for the Department of Veteran Affairs. The Leidos team will interact with VA leaders and personnel operating in technical domain areas that include enterprise architecture, emerging technologies, networks, mobile, healthcare technology and medical devices, cybersecurity, IT Modernization, and large scale architectures. Leidos personnel will act as trusted advisors to the VA to resolve issues and create architectural vision, coordinate with program and project leaders to analyze IT system and network architectures, clearly identify strategies for addressing requirements, risks, and issues and conduct trade-off analyses of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Duties will include:
- Support the evolution of the VA security architecture, including developing the CONOPS, metrics of effectiveness, cybersecurity data governance and management, helping draft VA cyber security directives, standards, design patterns and implementing guidelines as well as providing security support to various VA systems and initiatives
- Determine security requirements and approaches by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; when needed preparing cost estimates.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings to VA personnel, including senior leadership
- Coordinate boards and other technical working groups.
The Senior Cybersecurity Architect will periodically also perform duties corresponding to a cybersecurity solutions architect supporting Leidos Military and Veterans Health (MVH) division in the Leidos Health Group.
- PhD in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering, technical or related discipline with 13 years of experience. Masters Degree and 15 years of overall experience in cyber security and privacy risk management with Federal Information Technology systems and security requirements. 12 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Demonstrated expertise in IT, cyber security and cyber security tools, privacy; network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, secure networks, communications; enterprise level and systems architecture; information systems security engineering, software development, and systems integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions.
- Prior VA or DoD experience with cyber security policy, guidance, and architectures.
- Currently possess or be able to obtain a VA Tier 2/Moderate Risk/Tier 4 High Risk BI Public Trust clearance as needed
- Experience creating and evaluating documents such as system design, system security plans, plans of actions and milestones, data flow diagrams, network designs, and other security/IT related engineering products.
- Currently possess security (CASP, CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCED, CEH, or GCIH), privacy (Certified Information Privacy Professional) and/or technical certifications, (CISCO, Microsoft, AWS Professionals, SAFe,SANS, strongly preferred. Activities such as teaching cybersecurity at accredited institutions of learning, publications, or participation in industry groups and associations and presentations or speaking at conferences can provide alternative evidence of cybersecurity leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of DoD 8510.01, NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP800-37, the Risk Management Framework, and CNSSI 1253. Familiarity of VA Handbook 6500-series publications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.