Job Requisition:Devops/Ansible/Cloud Engineer
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Devops/Ansible/Cloud in Baltimore, MD.
- Will support the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms. Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to provide Agile deployment expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source and AWS technologies.
- Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Cloud/DevOps Team working with other Agile development teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, Implementation team, Global Validation team, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop the DCPS application using open source technologies and products.
- Experience with implementing, managing and monitoring environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Private (on premise) or Commercial/Public (off-premise) Clouds.
- Experience implementing AWS core services like EC2, VPC, ELB, EBS, IAM, S3, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, etc.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Well-versed in DevOps principles and the use of CI/CD tools
- Experience with Jira, Version One, Confluence and extensive experience with Agile methodologies
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Understanding and practical experience with PaaS and IaaS categories of Cloud computing.
- Team player who will help drive the DEVOPS customer initiatives, willing to learn and also take direction.
- Automation of manual processes using Ansible.
- Use GIT/Bitbucket for code migrations, Confluence for artifacts and Jira/Kanban for project tasks.
- Utilize the entire DEVOPS suite for automation (Maven, Liquibase, etc.)
- Mentor other team members.
- Oncall rotation as needed.
- Other duties as required by management.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working with AWS database services including RDS, EC2, S3,
- Infrastructure and configuration automation.
- Working in Agile and DEVOPS environment.
- Experience working with any RDBMS : Oracle or PostgreSQL or SQLServer
- Development experience on any language.
- PaaS (SaaS, IaaS)
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Oracle, Postgres, or SQLServer.
- Ansible experience
- Maven, Jenkins, Liquibase
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.