Job Requisition:Vice President, Business Development and Strategy, Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operations
The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation solves mission-critical IT challenges for our Defense customers. Leidos’ E&CS Operation makes the world safer and more efficient through the delivery of transformative IT and engineering. We deliver performance-based IT services at global scale, operate and defend the DoD’s global network and migrate IT infrastructure to cloud-based solutions. E&CS focuses in enterprise IT operations and modernization, cloud enablement, cybersecurity solutions and application/system integration. Washington Technology Top 100 ranks Leidos #1 for 2018 in the federal market areas of IT, professional services, telecommunications and other high-tech services.
In this role, as the Business Development leader for the E&CS, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. You are expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, campaigns and associated marketing with the Operation. You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ expertise into new and evolving mission areas.
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Manages a team of up to 20 business development professionals.
- Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Develops and implements the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related experience or Master’s degree with 13+ years of relevant experience
- 13+ years of experience supervising or leading business development teams or programs
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Defense Community and Government and DoD personnel
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required 10% -20% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Active Secret level clearance
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in cyber or information technology preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5 billion or greater. Management of a pipeline of opportunities in the enterprise IT operations, cybersecurity or system integration preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development3000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.