Job Requisition:Tech Editor
The defense group in Leidos is seeking a Tech Editor to support development of AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 technical data to be utilized for life-cycle documentation in support of US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs.
• Work closely with the Tech Writers to ensure technical data meets the grammatical and formatting requirements.
• Provide technical editing for deliverable reports, presentations, and monthly status reports, and the development and maintenance of style guides.
• Ensure products are error-free and demonstrate high proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
• MS Office expertise
• Must have ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
• Travel may be required for this position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.