Job Requisition:Lead Cloud Engineer
The Leidos CIO Services Enterprise Cloud Management (ECM) program is seeking a Lead Cloud Engineer to lead a multi-dimensional DevOps team of technical professionals to implement the Leidos cloud computing architecture within commercial cloud service providers. This is a high-visibility and impactful initiative as part of CIO Services’ hybrid cloud solution. In this role, you will serve as a focal point with Leidos Line of Business programs (ie: Civil, Defense, Health) and the ECM team to collect and analyze business requirements against current and planned cloud product/service offerings; develop user stories, tasks, and personnel assignments for deployments in public cloud services to include AWS, Azure, and potentially other Cloud Service Providers. You will also work closely with Leidos cloud architects to develop standards for interoperability, DevOps pipelines, and automation of cloud services in go-forward architectures for Enterprise Computing (Data Center), End User Computing, IT Service Management and Networking, and supporting application development and/or migration. Furthermore, you will ensure program needs are met using ECM services and act as an advocate on their behalf to help develop the service.
- Collaborate with the Chief Architect and Chief Engineer to develop cloud solutions that meet the needs of the programs. Provide day to day management and full life-cycle support for project deliveries including cost estimates, schedules, project team tasking, and sustainment.
- Develop, refine, and operate onboarding of new programs to ECM. This includes building supporting processes, workflows, and engagement materials to streamline our customer engagements.
- Acting as a stakeholder for specific ECM backlog items which impact program use, working closely with the engineering teams to ensure successful delivery of capabilities. Assist ECM engineering in grooming and management of the backlog.
- Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the cloud engineering team to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Coordinate closely with leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of technical approach, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements. Provide regular status updates of program engagements and priorities.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and via production of documentation) with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for infrastructure as software and API design change and management that include an impact analysis, coordination of activities across functional areas of the organization, and documentation.
- Deployment of cloud environments with a focus on AWS and Azure, demonstrate technical cloud engineering knowledge, playing a vital role in the implementation of DevOps release and deployment cycles, security best practices, and change management.
- Support the Chief Architect with the delivery of customer Cloud Strategies and solutions, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
- Support ECM services and Line of Business application migration methodologies and techniques within in large regulated enterprise environments.
- Deliver technical briefings to senior leadership and stakeholders as warranted.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience, including at least 6 years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, with current focus on public cloud environments. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of experience as a Lead Cloud Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse cloud, network, infrastructure, systems, security, and automation technologies.
- Proven success developing and delivering cloud based services for enterprise organizations.
- Experience in developing release and deployment plans of cloud, compute and storage services, security services, IaaS/PaaS services, and patching services.
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data API management) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
- Previous experience in product development, design, architecture and engineering for private cloud, Fedramp cloud services, and infrastructure as a service
- Proven experience with leading multiple concurrent customer engagements and work with the wider team to maintain priorities to produce high quality deliverables. Coordinate resources in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Strong documentation and collaboration skills, dealing with complex cloud solutions supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and using tools such as Jira
- Expertise in managing cloud, network, infrastructure architecture projects and operations across multiple IT disciplines.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written and an ability to work in a rapid paced team environment
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with public cloud environments and services
- Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- US Citizen is required and able to obtain a federal security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of public cloud technologies and services with broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in public cloud
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
- Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.