Job Requisition:Tactical Data Link Systems Integrator
Successful candidate provides systems engineering support to a multi-national technical working group with a focus on military standards (Mil-Stds) that enable digital messaging in a joint fires context. Interacts with military organizations that publish and maintain military standards. Performs data collection and analysis of digital message traffic between ground, air, and Command & Control (C2) nodes. Identifies implementation errors and leads sub-working groups to provide technical solutions to identified capability gaps. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions, and then coordinates their development with affected organizations, ensuring solutions are thorough, practical and technically interoperable. Receives assignments in the form of end-state objectives and establishes goals to meet them. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Interact with U.S. agencies responsible for various Mil-Stds, U.S. Service acquisition program offices, Partner Nation acquisition program offices, and supporting commercial industry subject matter experts
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into systems solutions or standards that acknowledge technical and or policy constraints
- Lead or coordinate the activities of an Engineering Change Proposal sub-working group composed of 10-15 individuals
- Review and manage Problem Reports submitted by the community of interest
- Serve as technical writer for Digitally-Aided Close Air Support related Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)
- Provide administrative and logistical planning and execution support for semi-annual technical Coordinated Implementation working group
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree is required . Equivalent work experience can substitute for degree
- Four or more years’ experience in the design, implementation, management, and/or employment of tactical datalinks and associated gateway systems
- Working knowledge of Combat Net Radio K-series messages and Link-16 J-series messages and other related messages
- Knowledge in the implementation of Tactical Data Links, digital message formatting, and military standards (6016, 6017, 188-220, 2045-47001, etc.)
- Ability to speak convincingly to large audiences to effectively guide a diverse group toward a common goal
- Technical writing skills
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office software suite
- Working knowledge of software test tools related to digital messaging
- Two years or more of related Close Air Support or Command & Control experience
- Advanced Digital Network Certification
- Fluent in analysis design and decision support tools
- Knowledge of current tactics, techniques, and procedures related to Close Air Support and the Command & Control of tactical aircraft
- General knowledge of other fires and digital communications related disciplines
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.